Learn to Crochet - Oct: 6th, 13rd, 20th, 27th
Welcome to the beginner's course on crochet!
In this course, we'll start with the basics and gradually build up your skills, step by step. By the end, you'll have the knowledge and confidence to tackle more complex projects on your own. Throughout the 4 week course, we'll cover essential techniques such as how to hold the hook and yarn and how to create basic stitches. We'll also explore how to read crochet patterns and charts, troubleshoot common mistakes, and finish off your projects neatly.
This the ideal course if you've never crocheted before. learning to crochet takes patience and practice, with dedication and perseverance, you'll soon be crocheting like a pro!
Now, let's grab our hooks and yarn and dive into the wonderful world of crochet.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN:
- How to hold a Hook and manage Tension.
- The most common crochet stitches: Chain, Double Crochet, Half Treble Crochet, Treble Crochet and Slip Stitch.
- How to crochet in rows.
- How to crochet a granny square.
- How to create increases and decreases using a treble crochet stitch.
- How to start using a magic circle.
- How to make a colour change.
- How to finish ends.
- How to block your work and why this in important.
- Introduction to reading a pattern (written and diagram).
- Introduction to fibre types when buying yarn as well as reading yarn tags.
- Discuss the difference in crochet terms and abbreviations
- Resources for ideas for beginner projects
- 4 Beginner classes – each 2 hours duration.
- Canvas bag for your project.
- 2 x balls of yarn: Millpost Merino Superfine Wool (plant-based yarn option available).
- KA Seeknit- 5.0mm Bamboo Crochet hook with Aluminium tip.
- Two stitch markers.
- Darning needle
- Introduction to crochet handbook.
Downer Community Centre- East Room, Frencham st Downer
Workshop size if kept small to 6 students, this maximises one on one time.
2hours x 4 sessions
Sunday Afternoon - 3pm - 5pm
Oct: 6th, 13rd, 20th, 27th
Full payment is required prior to the start of the class to confirm your spot.
Missed class policy
Booking Dates & Wait List
Cancellations can be made 5 days before the first class for a full refund. Please contact us via email: email@example.com.
Cancellations made 5 days to 24hrs, before the first class, we will offer a credit for a later date. A refund cannot be offered unless another person is able to fill your spot.
Cancellations less than 24hrs before the first class- no refund or credit available.
Classes require a minimum of 3 people to go ahead. If the minimum nuber isn't reached, we'll notify you 4 days before the first class. You will have the option to reschedule to the next course available or receive a full refund.
Once a course has commenced no new bookings can be taken. Please have a look at other dates offered.